Welcome to our website.
(Some of this website was revised on October 14th, 2019)
The Abacos are now in the recovery stage. Any updates will now be posted on the ISLAND NEWS page, here on the HTSC website. Click on the title on the top of this page. Check out the HURRICANE DORIAN RECAP page which also has links to photos and videos that were posted here previously.
Support the rebuilding of Man-O-War Cay: Man-O-War Relief Fund and website link:
Please contact the Bahamian Red Cross for information on donations to other affected areas.
Link to Elbow Cay Restoration Committee's Strategic Plan draft: https://docs.google.com/…/1qrr7lL8-qI_I3mL0cSqjXRWw6XV…/edit
Link to Google Documents form if you want to help volunteer your services with HTVFR hurricane relief (not to be used for donating goods):
To find or report on persons displaced by Hurricane Dorian please go to:
For reports on hurricane relief and recovery from individual islands check out:
Summer Children's Sailing Camp
Cruising Sailboat Races
Abaco Dinghy, Sunfish & Optimist Races
Junior Sailing Program (in cooperation with parents and community)
The Abaco Rage
The Hope Town Sailing Club was founded in 1964 and is a private club licensed in the Bahamas as a not-for-profit corporation.
The objectives for which the club was established are:
1. To promote the sport of sailing in the area of Hope Town.
2. To hold or arrange regattas, races and other competitions and to offer, grant or contribute to the provision of prizes, awards and distinctions.
3. To encourage Bahamians to continue their interest in sailing and racing.
4. To provide social amenities for its members.
5. To finance the Objects of the Company through membership subscriptions and fees.
6.To support, financially and otherwise, community projects.
Carol Pahl, Webmaster/Editor
Marcia Talley, Assistant Webmaster
John Storck & Dave Pahl, Co-Race Editors
Nancy Schiffer, Events Editor & Photographer
Will Heyer & Catherine Allin, Photographers
Visitors since August 2005: